Kim, if this is still going, can you post the output of SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST; please?

40 MB doesn't sound like a lot of data but could be a fair number of rows, and a complete table analysis and repair and index rebuild could take a few hours.

Dan

Kim Kohen wrote:
Folks,

please forgive the newbie panic but I believe I've gotten myself into trouble.

After experiencing some problems with a db I decided to run the 'Repair' commands from the MySQL Administrator program. After failing to find anything significant I (somewhat foolishly) ran the Use FRM repair option believing it would simply recreate the index.

I now have an XServe running with mysqld at @ 98% CPU and it's been like that for over two hours. I can connect via mysql (CLI) or the MySQL Administrator program but I can't select a db to use.

The total of the data on the server is only around 40 MB. I'm concerned (terrified?) if I do anything I'll hopelessly corrupt everything. I do have a fairly recent backup but I'd far prefer to get the existing dbs back again.

Can anyone advise what I should do? Should I just let it keep going? How long would this type of repair take with only 40 MB of data? Is there anything else I can try?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards

//kim

--MySQL General Mailing List