I'm using MySQL 4.1 and the master runs on a Windows 2000 server. This
master replicates to several slaves.

While browsing the data directory on the master, there are a lot of
binary log files that are named:

MasterName-relay-bin.999999 (where MasterName is the server-name and
999999 is a six-digit number)

I have about 350 of these files and they all appear to be held open by
the mater, i.e. they cannot be deleted from Windows. I assume that these
files have something to do with replication.

How can I purge these files to a more manageable number?

Dirk Bremer - Senior Systems Engineer - ESS/AMS - NISC Lake St. Louis MO
- USA Central Time Zone
636-755-2652 fax 636-755-2503

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.nisc.coop