Excellent Dan!

Thanks!

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Dan Buettner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Thu 6/29/2006 4:35 PM
        To: Jeff
        Cc: mysql@lists.mysql.com
        Subject: Re: Mysqlhotcopy and replication

        Jeff, that is indeed the case - the replication thread will "freeze"
        just like any other thread, and pick up where it left off.

        In fact, the statements are still replicated to the slave by the
        replication thread, stored in the slave's relay-bin file I think.
        Therefore even though the slave data is not being updated, the slave
        is in a sense staying current with the master even during the hotcopy
        (though you would have to wait for all those statements to be applied
        for the data to be synchronized).

        Dan

        On 6/29/06, Jeff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
        > I've got a replication slave db (all MyISAM tables) that I currently
        > back up every night by stopping MySQL, tarballing the table files,
then
        > starting MySQL up again.
        >
        > I'd like to use Mysqlhotcopy to do this so that the db can stay up
for
        > reads while the backup is being done.  Here's my question.  While the
        > tables are flushed with read lock, what becomes of all the
Insert,Update