Pardon me, i think I din't express myself properly.

I did not only combining data elements.

My structure was:

Table_1{
  id_table1 (int)
  COLLUM 1  (int)
  COLLUM 2  (int)
}

Table_2{
  id_table1 (int)
  COLLUM 1  (int)
  COLLUM 2  (int)
}

Being a relationship between table_1 and table_2 1-N.
For each entrance in table_1 it would have among 100-1000 register in table_2.

After many tests I was with the following structure:

Table{
  id_table1 (int)
  COLLUM 1 (int)
  COLLUM 2 (int)
  COLLUM 3 (TEXT) (UNION COLLUM 1 and 2 of table_2)
}

What it brought me storage and speed benefits.
What I imagined was a caracter to use as separating that it occupied little
space, but seems not to exist.

Thanks for all.

==============
Atenciosamente,
Jan Gomes - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> A specific character that would occupy less space? You mean like using lower
> case instead of upper case? All
characters use the same
> amount of space (unless your using Chinese or something).
>
> I don't think reducing the number of columns will help. Usually you take
> other performance enhancing measures
first, like
> structuring it to use fixed length records. You should probably use InnoDB
> and index the fields you normaly
retrieve. Since InnoDB
> stores the data with the index, it doesn't need to access the actual table
> unless you are pulling data that
isn't indexed.

> While denormaliztion is certainly applicable and desired in some case
> (whoever saw a database in fifth normal
form!), you are not
> denormalzing, your combining data elements. There are so many other things
> you can try before you unstructure
your data. If you're
> going to unstructure your data, you might as well compress it too. Heck, you
> might even look into separating
out the data you don't
> search on into a separate compressed table, and have a 1-1 relation. Kind of
> a search table and a "detail" table.
>
> I don't know which response time you are trying to keep to .01 or lower. If
> it's end to end, you probably
want to look at your
> network. Network latency can be the biggest culprit.

that i