Chris White wrote:
On Sunday 02 July 2006 12:22 pm, Kirti S. Bajwa wrote:
I have very little knowledge of either PostgreeSQL or mySQL. Please advise
me as to which of these two software package to use? I need some specific
examples as to superiority of one package over the other. I prefer using
the package which has a goof GUI database design.

I hate to say this but, if you want objective/non-biased answers, you're better off looking for a general database list, then posting to 2 lists that are very database implementation specific. In fact, why not just google around for "Postgres MySQL comparison" or something of the like.

http://www.devx.com/dbzone/Article/20743

The above URL is a comparison of MySQL, PostgeSQL and Oracle and DB. It says in many words that your OK with either Open Source engine provided your storage capability stays below 10 GBytes. If the DB is larger than this then the commercial software is better.

So it appears that you can store a large companies data with the Open Source software and in fact it is happening Right Now! Both software on Linux is in big companies and is being used daily.

I think this is a fine comparison and worth reading.

Karl Larsen