Scott,

I do not think that is how it works under revision 4.0.21.

Thanks,

NĂ©stor :-)

On 7/5/06, Scott Haneda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> People,
>
> I have the following table:
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS bid;
> CREATE TABLE bid (
>   bid_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
>   bid_proj_name varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
>   bid_prop_name varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
>   bid_amount varchar(20) NULL default '',
>   bid_sub_name varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
>   bid_sub_desc varchar(100) default '',
>   bid_sub_amount varchar(20) NULL default '',
>   bid_winner tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
>   bid_date TIMESTAMP,
>   PRIMARY KEY  (bid_id),
>   UNIQUE KEY proj_prop (bid_proj_name,bid_prop_name)
> ) TYPE=MyISAM;
>

> and I am trying toload a file with the following data:
> ,Construction Management,RCG Consulting,,Orly-Belle,,,,
> ,Construction Management,RCG Consulting,,American Engineers,,,,
>
> I am using phpmyadmin and the date always gets enter as 00000000000000
>
> What do I need to do to force the current time stamp?
> I am using mysql version 4.0.21-standard

IIRC, you need two timestamp fields for auto to work, default timestamps for
the first timestamp column will be ignored, but the first column will get
auto timestamp in a table that has more than one timestamp column.

I usually set up two, updated and added, and I always set the added field to
NOW()

It explains it pretty well in the docs here
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/timestamp-4-1.html