On 7/6/06, Jake Peavy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 7/6/06, Chuck Holzwarth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there a way to set the auto_increment start number? I am trying to
> set up a development and test system and the application that is writing to
> the tables is confused as to which MySQL it is writing to. I don't have any
> contrtol over the other app but since the key value is taken back to the
> other app, I can determine which areas are having the problem if I start the
> dev instance at 1 and start the test instance at 100,000.

RTFM

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/example-auto-increment.html:

> To start with an AUTO_INCREMENT value other than 1, you can set that
> value with CREATE TABLE or ALTER TABLE, like this:
> mysql> *ALTER TABLE tbl AUTO_INCREMENT = 100;*

forgot the stinkin' list.  damn that's annoying...

--
-jp

Chuck Norris doesn't understand why you should consult your doctor if your
erection lasts for more than 4 hours. His erections have been known to last
for up to 15 days.