>From this discussion, I'm assuming that there is no support for a
"cumulative total index", is this correct? In other words, I'm looking
for an index which lets me query a cumulative sum of a column in
constant time, and which lets me find a row which has for instance the
smallest cumulative sum above a certain value in constant time as
well.

I'm in the process of implementing B-trees in procedural SQL so that I
can do this efficiently, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't
duplicating anyone's effort.

Frederik

http://ofb.net/~frederik/