Bonjour,

  Solaris 2.8 on SPARC 4x64bit processor .
  Mysql-3.23.37 with InnoDB

  What  I  was  doing : I was altering a lot of table, converting them
  from  InnoDB to MyISAM type (I don't know if this is the cause of my
  problem ...)

  Now, on the console here is what happens :

[4:52pm]# mysql
Your MySQL connection id is 3770 to server version: 3.23.37

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer

mysql> use cotations

mysql: Out of memory (Needed 8164 bytes)
Didn't find any fields in table 'intraday_TOR_prev'
mysql: Out of memory (Needed 8164 bytes)
Didn't find any fields in table 'intraday_VAN'
mysql: Out of memory (Needed 8164 bytes)
Didn't find any fields in table 'intraday_VAN_prev'
mysql: Out of memory (Needed 8164 bytes)
Didn't find any fields in table 'intraday_ZRH'
mysql: Out of memory (Needed 8164 bytes)
Didn't find any fields in table 'intraday_ZRH_prev'
mysql: Out of memory (Needed 8164 bytes)
Didn't find any fields in table 'intraday_ZRH_prev_tmp'
mysql: Out of memory (Needed 8164 bytes)
Didn't find any fields in table 'libelle_recherche'
mysql: Out of memory (Needed 8164 bytes)
Didn't find any fields in table 'livequote_ALB'
mysql: Out of memory (Needed 8164 bytes)
Didn't find any fields in table 'livequote_ALB_5_tmp'
mysql: Out of memory (Needed 8164 bytes)
Didn't find any fields in table 'livequote_ALB_5_tmp2'
mysql: Out of memory (Needed 8164 bytes)

  and so on for all the tables in the database.

  No special message in the error log.

  Here is the top of top :)
load averages:  1.55,  1.51,  1.74
134 processes: 133 sleeping, 1 on cpu
CPU states: 84.7% idle, 10.7% user,  2.8% kernel,  1.9% iowait,  0.0% swap
Memory: 1024M real, 17M free, 1762M swap in use, 1168K swap free

   PID USERNAME THR PRI NICE  SIZE   RES STATE    TIME    CPU COMMAND
 12031 root      49  58    0  400M  341M sleep   20.8H 10.68% mysqld

  And here is "mysqladmin var" output :

 [4:58pm]# mysqladmin var
+---------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
| Variable_name                   | Value                                 |
+---------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
| ansi_mode                       | OFF                                   |
| back_log                        | 50                                    |
| basedir                         | /usr/local/mysql/                     |
| binlog_cache_size               | 32768                                 |
| character_set                   | latin1                                |
| character_sets                  | latin1 cp1251                         |
| concurrent_insert               | ON                                    |
| connect_timeout                 | 5                                     |
| datadir                         | /usr/local/mysql/var/                 |
| delay_key_write                 | ON                                    |
| delayed_insert_limit            | 100                                   |
| delayed_insert_timeout          | 300                                   |
| delayed_queue_size              | 1000                                  |
| flush                           | OFF                                   |
| flush_time                      | 0                                     |
| have_bdb                        | NO                                    |
| have_gemini                     | NO                                    |
| have_innodb                     | YES                                   |
| have_isam                       | YES                                   |
| have_raid                       | NO                                    |
| have_ssl                        | NO                                    |
| init_file                       |                                       |
| innodb_data_file_path           | ibdata1                               |
| innodb_data_home_dir            | /usr/local/mysql/var/innobase_data/   |
| innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit  | OFF                                   |
| innodb_log_arch_dir             | /usr/local/mysql/var/innobase_logs/   |
| innodb_log_archive              | OFF                                   |
| innodb_log_group_home_dir       | /usr/local/mysql/var/innobase_logs/   |
| interactive_timeout             | 28800                                 |
| join_buffer_size                | 131072                                |
| key_buffer_size                 | 67104768                              |
| language                        | /usr/local/mysql/share/mysql/english/ |
| large_files_support             | ON                                    |
| locked_in_memory                | OFF                                   |
| log                             | OFF                                   |
| log_update                      | OFF                                   |
| log_bin                         | OFF                                   |
| log_slave_updates               | OFF                                   |
| long_query_time                 | 10                                    |
| low_priority_updates            | OFF                                   |
| lower_case_table_names          | 0                                     |
| max_allowed_packet              | 1047552                               |
| max_binlog_cache_size           | 4294967295                            |
| max_binlog_size                 | 1073741824                            |
| max_connections                 | 650                                   |
| max_connect_errors              | 10                                    |
| max_delayed_threads             | 20                                    |
| max_heap_table_size             | 16777216                              |
| max_join_size                   | 4294967295                            |
| max_sort_length                 | 1024                                  |
| max_user_connections            | 0                                     |
| max_tmp_tables                  | 32                                    |
| max_write_lock_count            | 4294967295                            |
| myisam_recover_options          | BACKUP,FORCE                          |
| myisam_max_extra_sort_file_size | 256                                   |
| myisam_max_sort_file_size       | 2047                                  |
| myisam_sort_buffer_size         | 67108864                              |
| net_buffer_length               | 16384                                 |
| net_read_timeout                | 30                                    |
| net_retry_count                 | 10                                    |
| net_write_timeout               | 60                                    |
| open_files_limit                | 0                                     |
| pid_file                        | /usr/local/mysql/var/sun01381.pid     |
| port                            | 3306                                  |
| protocol_version                | 10                                    |
| record_buffer                   | 1044480                               |
| query_buffer_size               | 0                                     |
| safe_show_database              | OFF                                   |
| server_id                       | 0                                     |
| skip_locking                    | ON                                    |
| skip_networking                 | OFF                                   |
| skip_show_database              | OFF                                   |
| slow_launch_time                | 2                                     |
| socket                          | /tmp/mysql.sock                       |
| sort_buffer                     | 5242872                               |
| table_cache                     | 256                                   |
| table_type                      | MYISAM                                |
| thread_cache_size               | 8                                     |
| thread_concurrency              | 8                                     |
| thread_stack                    | 65536                                 |
| transaction_isolation           | READ-COMMITTED                        |
| timezone                        | CEST                                  |
| tmp_table_size                  | 1048576                               |
| tmpdir                          | /var/tmp/                             |
| version                         | 3.23.37                               |
| wait_timeout                    | 28800                                 |

  Regards,
  Alex.