Can you give more info on what type of system this is ??

Is this really a 'server' type machine,  or an HP "Vectra" PC ??  (of the
'XU' series ?)

Does it have the onboard SCSI controller (what size drives,  and are they
SCSI drives ?)
   - If they're SCSI,  you might want to get 4 drives,  and mirror the first
2 for the O/S and Program installations (and maybe the 'temp' spaces), and
the 2nd pair for the data partitions.

What type of network card(s) are you installing ??  (HP usually provides
crappy versions of 3com cards)

What O/S will you be installing on it ??
    - If Linux,  have you tested the 2.4.x kernel to make sure that the SMP
kernel is compatible with the machine (on my ALR board,  I had to change the
SMP 'spec' to 1.1 from 1.4 to avoid crashing).

I myself have a couple of HP Vectra's running Redhat (6.2) on them.  But
they're 'small' installations, mainly serving as 'firewall/gateway' systems
with small implementations of Apache and stuff for home.  The one thing I
make sure of,  is that I have at least 2 drives installed, in order to
'mirror' the drive contents.