rturnbull wrote:
Hello to all,
I'm having some problems with the linux copy of mysql-workbench. Great features and all, if I could get them to work.

What I'm trying to do is reverse-engineer a INNODB database I have in mysql 5.0 on my local machine.

I go through the steps right to the end of the process and when I'm ready to click "Finish" it hangs the application. I can't do anything further with the application, and I have to manually kill or repeatedly click on the close window 'x'. I have tried the reverse-engineer on the mysql database on the same box, using the same steps and application version and everything works fine, so what gives?

To boot with this, there is NO LOGFILE NO ERROR MESSAGES on the console or anything.

Could it be that the reverse-engineering process is still running in the background?

Anyways, I thought that maybe it could be the database, which was full of records was causing the problem. So I created a mysqldump file with just table create statements, then re-imported the file back into mysql. Same result, workbench freezes.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do about this, otherwise I guess I have to wait for the newest version to address this, or manually draw all the table relationships by hand.... YUK!

Workbench's reverse engineering doesn't work also for mac os x (10.4.7). The field in localhost is unaccessible. Just one question with linux version, which package did you use? For me even after upgrading the to gtkmm2.4 , I still get errors and a segmentation fault.

yvan