I have just started with MYSQL and am building a racing site using PHP.

I have Date, Course, Time, Horse, Odds, Result as my fields and the database
is poulated with the data.

I'm having problems with the formatting of data when it is output.

Problem 1.
I want to display the date in the format dd/mm/yyyy. I know you can use the
DATE_FORMAT command but I can't seem to get it to work. Can anyone give me
the exact script I need to write.

Problem 2.
I also want to display the results in the last 7 days in descending order by
date.
I can't seem to work out a way of doing that either.

I'm a newb so please be gentle!!!!! :-)