At 08:54 AM 7/13/2006, abhishek jain wrote:

Dear Friends,
I was to create a site with quite some heavy mySQL database.
I wanted to know which is better longer rows in a table or two short rows
tables.
When compared in terms of speed etc.

Pl. help me , with this question and any other tip you may find can be
useful to me.

Thanks,
Abhishek jain

Properly denormalized data with appropriate use of indexes. Google for "relational data denormalise".

Without knowing your data, whether the application is heavy on INSERTs and UPDATEs, or if it is mostly SELECTs, it is impossible to answer your question.

Regards - Miles Thompson