Kay C. Tien wrote:
At 05:37 PM 7/17/2006 Monday, Chris wrote:
Kay C. Tien wrote:
Hi All,
The simple script I'm testing works on a Linux server. I got tired of having to upload and test them, so I decided to install MySQL on my computer, which is running Win XP. MySQL works fine on it's own, I've set the the database and etc., but nothing happened when I tested the page. So I googled online and found out that I was missing php_mysql.dll and libmysql.dll. So I copied them into the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 folder. Then modified php.ini in the C:\WINDOWS by uncommented the php_mysql.dll extension and changed to extension_dir to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32. Rebooted and now I'm getting the following error: PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\php_mysql.dll' - The specified procedure could not be found. in Unknown on line 0

You have a version mismatch in your dll's.

One of them will be a dll for mysql 4 and one will be for mysql 5.

You installed php5 right? The dll included with that probably won't talk to mysql 4, only mysql 5..

I'd suggest removing both and installing php5 and mysql5 from scratch.

Well, I reloaded both new versions. Still the same error! What gives?! <sigh>

Did you make sure there were no dll's left after the uninstall? ie look for libmysql.dll and php_mysql.dll in all folders in your path.