Chris Sansom schreef:
At 13:40 +0200 18/7/06, Mike van Hoof wrote:
Well.. gonna try some text-converting in php then...

And yeah, it really needs to be a blob field... not my choice, but we got a CMS which operates on field types from MySQL... and a blob field wil generate an WYSIWYG field... but i think i am going to have a chat with my boss...

You could, it seems to me, get round all this by doing everything, from soup to nuts, in utf-8. Is there a reason why it can't all be in utf-8?

Yeah, this i indeed something i can do.... but did it in another way now... I just made it an LONGTEXT field, and did a small edit in the CMS system, so it works now. And for the everything in utf8... will try this next time i get this kind of a problem... the website needs to be online this afternoon....

Mike

--
Medusa, Media Usage Advice B.V.
Science Park Eindhoven 5216