Hi all,

I hope I have hit the right group for this question.

I would like to create a UDF that is configurable at run time.  Similar to
how mysql can use variables defined in the /etc/my.cnf file, I'd like my UDF
to make use of configuration parameters that can be set at run time.

I'm wondering if this is possible and what strategy to take to implement
this, ie: a mechanism to have mysql or the UDF read something once and then
have the UDF able to refer back to it everytime it is run.

I know I could read a file in the _init function, but this seems very
wasteful to read a file every time the function is being used.

thanks,

Yong.