On 20 Jul 2006 at 16:56, Vitaliy Okulov wrote:

> , Deniss.
>
>   20  2006 ., 15:59:10:
>
> > Hi All
>
> > While I am doing   portupgrade -vr mysql on freebsd server
>
> > than mysql socket"/tmp/mysql.sock"  is invisible on,  so mysql cant be start
>
> > How I can create mysql socket.
> > How I can start mysql
>
> > thanks
>
> MySQL server will create this socket after start.

Hi,

MySQL will create the socket when  it starts but it may not be in the /tmp
folder.  I have
found that some programs expect the socket to be in /tmp whilst others expect
it to be in
the mysql directory.

I find best solution to this problem is to start mysql, then create a symbolic
link in the
/tmp directory to the socket:

ln -s /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock /tmp/mysql.sock

This works on my systems, you may have to adjust to your own environment.

Regards

Ian