As long as backticks are used around fieldnames, spaces and/or reserved words are fine, tho it does tend to create more work for the user ;)

mos wrote:
At 12:02 PM 7/20/2006, you wrote:
I've got a table of people who registered for a convention. Each person has a registration date, kept in a standard date field. How do I select for people who registered in a particular month or year? The obvious tests like:

Select * from Capclave2005reg
Where Year('Date Paid') = 2004;

return no rows. I can extract any piece of that date I want in a SELECT, but can't seem to use it in a WHERE clause at all. There has to be something really obvious that I'm missing?

Barry Newton

Barry,
I strongly recommend getting rid of the spaces in your column/table names and replace them with an underscore character "_". You are only creating problems for yourself if you leave the blanks in the names.

Mike