To: <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 2:41 PM
Subject: "CHARACTER SET COLLATE NULL" error with mySQL 4.0.27

Hola.

With mySQL 4.0.27 I'm trying to create this table
------
CREATE TABLE `test`.`user` (

`user_id` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`email` TEXT CHARACTER SET COLLATE NULL ,
`firstname` TEXT CHARACTER SET COLLATE NOT NULL ,
)
----------

but I get this error:
------
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use
near 'CHARACTER SET  COLLATE  NULL,
`firstname` TEXT CHARACTER SET
------

Does anybody know which the right way is for this mySQL version? I'm using
mySQL-Workbench to design the tables, and that's the code I get?

Thank you very much.