Hello everbody,

I have a table in my MySQL 5.0.22 Server with this columns.

+--------------+--------------+------+-----+---------------------+-------+
| Field        | Type         | Null | Key | Default             | Extra |
+--------------+--------------+------+-----+---------------------+-------+
| DATE         | datetime     | NO   | MUL | 0000-00-00 00:00:00 |       |
| IMAGE        | longblob     | NO   |     | NULL                |       |
| IMAGETYPE    | varchar(8)   | NO   | MUL | NULL                |       |
| KEYFILE      | longblob     | NO   |     | NULL                |       |
| SEARCHENGINE | varchar(64)  | NO   | MUL | NULL                |       |
| SEARCHTERM   | varchar(256) | NO   | MUL | NULL                |       |
| SIZE         | int(11)      | NO   | MUL | 0                   |       |
| URL          | varchar(512) | NO   |     | NULL                |       |
| NAME         | varchar(256) | NO   | MUL | NULL                |       |
+--------------+--------------+------+-----+---------------------+-------+

When I insert several hundert rows with data (all columns, but without the keyfile column) and query the database with this string:

SELECT date, imagetype, searchengine, searchterm, size, url, name FROM digiforensic where searchterm='...'

it goes very fast (less than one second) and the right index for searchterm is used. This even works when I shutdown and restart the server.

The problem is, that the keyfiles are calculated after the datasets are inserted into the database. After calculation they are inserted with an update of the corresponding row. After that the query of the datasets takes a lot of time - more than 2 minutes. I checked that the right index is used with the EXPLAIN expression.

Did anybody know why this happens or what my error is?

Thanks and Regards
Michael

begin:vcard
fn:Michael Sutter
n:Sutter;Michael
org:Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe;Institute of Data Processing and Electronics
adr:Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1;;Geb. 442;Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen;;76344;Germany
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel;work:+49 7247 825676
tel;fax:+49 7247 823560
version:2.1