Hi Joerg,

Thank for your answer.
 Her e are some details that you requested.

>That other request was about MySQL 5.0.18 on Solaris 10, but I do not
>remember any answer how that continued.
>I have no idea why "libtool" causes such problems on Solaris.

I already red this email, but this has not explain/given a clear solution.
I can confirm that the AR value in my Makefile (or I am not right? ) is setted
to false.

I tried to set this AR field to true (or blank) , but it has nothing brought.

>Do other calls "libtool ..... --mode=link" succeed in your build ?

The make try some "Entering directory /tmp/mysql-5.0.22 " Nothing to be done
Leaving....  , until the /zlib directory.

It seems in my  make that is the first  call and after that the make stopped....

>Which version of libtool do you have installed ?

The libtool used is 1.5.20 .

>Typical versions we use are 1.4.3 and 1.5.6, depending on the hosts,
>but I still suspect somehow "AR" has got a wrong value.

I hope that is help you
Regards
Claude