This blog may help,
http://www.xaprb.com/blog/2006/07/23/how-to-track-what-owns-a-mysql-connection/

Cheers,
Ravi

Rithish Saralaya wrote:
Hello people.
Is it possible to find the process that invoked the mysql thread, given a
mysql thread id?
We have a web application that runs on Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP; and I
sometimes see numerous mysql threads in sleeping mode when I run mytop. I
think the sleeping mysql threads could be due to the fact that some of my
web-page(s) have obtained a mysql connection, executed their queries, but
have not terminated(and have not released the mysql connection also). If I
could know the httpd processes that have created these connections, I would
be able to find out the pages that are the culprit.
Regards,
Rithish.