On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 06:26:01 -0700 (PDT)
Phong Nguyen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My question is if we decide to switch server 1 to
> server 2 (oracle database to mysql) or server 2 to
> server1 (mysql to oracle). Then, what happen to
> sqlplus (oracle) and sql (mysql) using with
> application. You can say what are # between sqlplus
> (oracle) and sql (mysql)

Well, sqlplus is just an Oracle client program that lets you run
SQL queries against the Oracle db.  I think what you are really
after is what the differences between Oracle SQL and MySQL SQL are.

A couple things come to mind:

1.) For CREATE TABLE, Oracle uses VARCHAR2, MySQL has VARCHAR

2.) For MySQL you need to create your tables as InnoDB tables if
you are using transactions or foriegn keys (which I hope you are
for a production application)

3.) MySQL does not support Oracle's notion of Sequences - in MySQL
you do have AUTO_INCREMENT columns, but they are not as robust as
sequences.

4.) MySQL does not support CHECK constraints inside CREATE TABLE
clauses.

I'm sure there are others, but as long as your application uses
pretty generic SQL and you are not getting into Oracle-specific
stuff you should be ok.

Josh