Hello all,

I am required to analyze all the tables of our system. I need to know the key
parameters that should be taken into consideration for analysis. I am not
speaking about ANALYZE TABLE <tbl name>. I am required to manually look into
all table structures and pin point problems ( if any ).

So it would be helpful if i could know about

1) what exactly I have to look for in the tables.

2) Index management. Which fields are to be indexed and which not

3) How big can a table be? We have tables which have more than 50 lakhs of
rows. Any select queries, insert queries or update queries are taking more time
to execute.     So what is a preferable table size.

4) Any other suggestions

Thanks,

Ratheesh Bhat K J