Comment: ALTER is used to change the structure of an table, for example add
an extra column or change the default values etc. Or to add an index or
similar.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicholas Vettese [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2006 9:12 PM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Alter Problem

I am working on a script that looks at the MySQL Table, checks to see if
there are any matches, and if there are, alter the table to add the
requested information.  Here is the code I am using:

<script>
$query = "ALTER profile (acct_type, username, firstname, lastname, email,
addr1, city, state, zip, nude, artistic, model_look, about_you, why_model,
genre) VALUES ('$at', '$un', '$fn', '$ln', '$e', '$ad1', '$c', '$st', '$zc',
</script>

What am I doing wrong?  The error comes back saying that this is where the
problem is, and I have changed it from UPDATE to ALTER because I was trying
to get the information to be added to the table of an already registered
user.

Nick