At 04:15 PM 8/3/2006, Brent Baisley wrote:
You might look into WITH ROLLUP. That could easily give you cumulative totals for the year, but off the top of my head I can't think of a way to get it for the months.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Barry Newton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 10:29 PM
Subject: Running Totals?

Back with another registration db question:

Have a convention database which tracks people as they register all year long; the actual convention is held in October. I've got a fairly simple query which shows how many people registered in each calendar month--useful to compare to prior year to see if we're at least on track with our count.

It would make life easier if I could also show a column with the cumulative count for each month. The existing output is:

That's what happens with ROLLUP. I'm looking into a possible subquery approach just now. If it works, it will be worth it's own post.

Barry