Hi,

When I create scripts, I change the delimiter at the beginning of the
create_table script from ";" (without quotes) to "//".  At the end of
the script, I change the delimiter back to the original ";".  This is
according to what is described in doc at www.mysql.com.

However, when I run these scripts from mysql client, I don't get the
original delimiter back - all I get is a prompt "->" no matter how
many times I press Enter - like this:

  ->
  ->
  ->
  ->

The mysql client doesn't show the above behavior when I change the
delimiter manually by actually typing it and then copying and pasting
the script contents (without the delimiter change statements lines)
and then again change back to the normal delimiter ";" manually by
typing the "DELimiter ;"  in the mysql client.

Is there any way I can hope to run my scripts - without having to copy
and paste them into mysql client?

--
Thanks in advance,

Asif