On 8/5/06, Karl Larsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    I am using Linux called Fedora Core 4. I had no problem getting
mysql 4 working here and liked it a lot. But when I discovered 4 doesn't
have VIEW but 5 does I have tried several RPM sets of 5 that fail for
basic reasons. The reasons are the wrong libraries or they are missing
in total :-)

    Found a 5 that looked like a tar ball but no joy. It is a set of
binary files and a bash file to load it all. This I have not read up on
but fear the binary files will not run on my linux version.

    I know I can yum mysql 5 on Fedora Core 5 but for other reasons I
prefer to stay with Fedora Core 4. Has anyone got mysql version 5 to
work on my version of Linux?

It should work fine. What errors were you getting exactly? Those
library dependencies will be the problem but without knowing what they
are, no-one will be able to help.