On 8/6/06, Ro BGCT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

I installed MySQL on a remote server and am having a problem.  I am
connected to it via SSH and I can do "mysql -u root -h localhost" just
fine and connect.  However, when I try to connect via "mysql -u root
-h web1.server.com", I get the following message:

"ERROR 1130 (00000): Host '75.120.X.X' is not allowed to connect to
this MySQL server"

Now the server's hostname is web1.server.com and it resolves to
75.120.X.X fine so I know it's not an issue with that.  Does anyone
have any clues why?  I have a "web1.server.com" added in the mysq.user
table so I know that's not the problem.

If I add 75.120.X.X to the mysql.user table, I am able to connect via
"mysql -u root -h web1.server.com" just fine.  But why won't it work
when web1.server.com is in the mysql.user table?

that is happening because when you try to connect to the server this
resolves the domain name, and check if the ip address has permision to
connect, may be it can be fixed if you add in your server in the file
/etc/host if it's linux your client ip and the domain name

example

75.120.1.2                       web1.server.com

and if it's windows check the lmhost file

--

http://www.obed.org.mx ---> blog