I figured it out. Thanks for listening. I maybe just needed to vent.

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Milane [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 12:46 PM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: query logging is making me mental!

Hello Everyone,

I am hoping that someone can help me. Before I jump off the roof!

I installed MYSQL 5 along with PHP and apache 2 as part of the XAMPP
stack put out by ApacheFriends. I am putting together a few CMS sites
and think the product is great.

But I am having a simple problem and need help.

Obviously, I installed everything as admin on my local machine. MYSQL is
running as a service. I don't know what this means, but I know it is a
fact.

Here is my my.ini:

#This File was made using the WinMySQLAdmin 1.4 Tool

#8/8/2006 9:28:51 AM

#Uncomment or Add only the keys that you know how works.

#Read the MySQL Manual for instructions

[mysqld]

basedir=C:/apachefriends/xampp/mysql

#bind-address=192.168.1.75

datadir=C:/apachefriends/xampp/mysql/data

#language=C:/apachefriends/xampp/mysql/share/your language directory

#slow query log#=

#tmpdir#=

#port=3306

#set-variable=key_buffer=16M

log=hostname.log

[WinMySQLadmin]

Server=C:/apachefriends/xampp/mysql/bin/mysqld.exe

user=xxxxx

password=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

But here is a portion of my Server Variables

(I am getting these from the Report in WinMYSQLAdmin)

log                                             OFF

log_bin                                      OFF

log_bin_trust_function_creators    OFF

log_error                                     .\HomeDesktop-24.err

Why is my logging OFF?

How do I turn it ON?

I thought that as long as I had the log=hostname.log in my my.ini that
it would record all sql statements executed?

Could this be a permissions thing? It happens even when I run everything
as admin.

Help?

If I was not bald I would be pulling my hair out.

Thank you very much...