balaraju mandala wrote:
In my application there is a situation is arising, where i need to take some
data to MySql from a table which is in Oracle database (i am planning to
maintain that data in MySQL also). And from MySQL my application will use
it. This whole thing should be happen online.That is once some new data was
inserted to Oracle table, that should update in MySQL table also.

Can't you just make your app connect directly to Oracle ? You'll drawn in lots of sync issues if you don't, specially if your app updates the database with data provided from Oracle.

Take this example: the user updates something, it goes to Oracle, than MySQL. Your system update lots of things out of it. Than, the user realizes he's wrong and update again the record, and some of your updates might not work, other things were deleted that shouldn't according to your business model.

I'm not saying you will have this problem, I'm just saying you might consider it before doing the Oracle-MySQL connector. Btw, I don't know any connector, and don't think a trigger on Oracle will work either. You'll probably have to live with a daemon replicating every 10 seconds or so.

cheers,
--renato