I like to run CHECK TABLEs every day ... I have a small perl program
that does this for me, which I keep meaning to post for download -
today's shaping up to be light, so while I'm thinking about it maybe
I'll just do it!

Anyway - I agree Mike's suggestion, backup then repair.  You could
also first run
CHECK TABLE <tablename> EXTENDED;
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/check-table.html
just to get an idea of what you're looking at.

On a table your size (111 K records, mostly varchars) I wouldn't think
this would take too long but it will lock up things for a little
while, so use your judgment as to whether to run during the day.

Note it will not fix anything, only report problems.  REPAIR TABLE
does the fixing.  OPTIMIZE TABLE should "defragment" your data and
update your indexes.  If that still doesn't help, you could either 1)
drop the index in question and re-create it, or 2) backup the table by
dumping with mysqldump, drop the table, and load from backup dump.

Dan

On 8/15/06, Randy Paries <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 8/15/06, mos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 09:24 AM 8/15/2006, you wrote:
> >Dan
> >
> >thanks for the help
> >so i will remove the redundant keys
> >below is the explain plans
> >but here is the weird part.
> >I exported the database and imported into a testDB to play with and
> >the query that was giving me grief in the previous message returned
> >immediately
> >
> >Thanks
> >Randy
>
> Randy,
>          Then it could have been index corruption. You could do a back up
> of the table  and then run a Repair Table on it (or MyISAMChk) and then
> Optimize it.
> See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/repair.html
>
> Mike

Mike

Thanks for the help,

I will try that this evening.

Is there some sort of maintenance i should be running on this db
routinely to help this?

Thanks