Curtis, you might need to make sure 'admin'@'localhost' has 'FILE'
privileges in the proper database, for load data infile.  Note that
'admin'@'%' is not the same as 'admin'@'localhost'

See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/grant.html

Also here is a comment from the same page:
QUOTE
Posted by Cristian Gafton on July 17 2006 6:28pm        [Delete] [Edit]
Please note that the current MySQL priviledge model does not support
creating a read-only user for an application that needs to work with
temporary tables. In other words, the 'SELECT,CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES'
privileges are not sufficient to let an application work with
temporary tables against a read-only set of tables. MySQL also
requires INSERT, DELETE and UPDATE grants to allow temporary tables to
be used. Since the temporary tables are not 'defined' at the time of
the grant, one would have no choice but to grant INSERT,DELETE,UPDATE
on db.*, which negates the possibility of a read-only user.

It would be nice if MySQL would have a more generic 'TEMPORARY TABLES'
permission that would allow one to create, insert, delete from and
drop temporary tables without having to give up insert/update/delete
privileges on the real tables

/QUOTE

Dan