Is there a reason you cannot upgrade from an early =alpha= version of 5.0 ?

I think you fill find the release versions more stable.

--
Eric Braswell
Web Manager     MySQL AB

murthy gandikota wrote:
Hi
Can someone tell me where in the file system to look for the logs? Mysql has been crashing once every hour. Memory is not the issue. This is how I start the mysql: nohup /usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld --basedir=/usr/local/mysql --datadir=/usr/ local/mysql/var --user=mysql --pid-file=/usr/local/mysql/var/admin.scholasticfun dinggroup.com.pid --skip-locking --port=3306 --socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock & I'd appreciate your help.
  Thanks