Brian, you can also set a default storage engine in your mysql config
file (my.cnf) to ensure future tables get created with the desired
storage engine (unless otherwise specified in your create statement).

From http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/storage-engines.html

If you omit the ENGINE or TYPE option, the default storage engine is
used. Normally, this is MyISAM, but you can change it by using the
--default-storage-engine or --default-table-type server startup
option, or by setting the default-storage-engine or default-table-type
option in the my.cnf configuration file.

You can set the default storage engine to be used during the current
session by setting the storage_engine or table_type variable:

SET storage_engine=MYISAM;
SET table_type=BDB;
When MySQL is installed on Windows using the MySQL Configuration
Wizard, the InnoDB storage engine can be selected as the default
instead of MyISAM. See Section 2.3.4.6, "The Database Usage Dialog".

To convert a table from one storage engine to another, use an ALTER
TABLE statement that indicates the new engine:

ALTER TABLE t ENGINE = MYISAM;
ALTER TABLE t TYPE = BDB;

Best,
Dan

On 8/18/06, Dominik Klein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> most of my Storage enines is MyISAM i wanna change them all  to|InnoDB
> how do i do this >?

ALTER TABLE tblname ENGINE="innodb";