I am trying to get mysql 5 to run on my Fedora Core 4 linux. I
installed both server and client RPM files. The info is good and using that
I am trying to do the post-install. I ran mysql_install_db as a user and it
failed. Then I tried as root and it seemed to work. But one thing it says to
do I cannot find. It says:

To start mysqld at boot time you have to copy support-files/mysql.server
to the right place for your system

I have no idea where support-files are or where the "right place" is.

       When I try to start mysqld_safe it errors out with this:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] mysql]# mysqld_safe &
[1] 6501
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mysql]# Starting mysqld daemon with databases from
/var/lib/mysql
STOPPING server from pid file /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
060820 14:27:48  mysqld ended

       So I can set up the DB but not start mysqld. Does anyone have an
idea what I am doing wrong? I'm just following the info instructions.

Karl Larsen