Hi everyone

I have a requirement to store in the region of 3 million entries per month (30
ish days) of data in a mySQL database totalling a maximum of 2 months (6
Million entries).
The database will be 'probably' reside on a Sun V240. I have a similar size
database running on an old Sun E450 and it runs like a dog (with three legs).
I'll need to access the data and plot the output almost real time, or as close
to it as possible.

I may have to go down the route of buying another database like DB2, Informix
or Oracle but I have no idea of the costs involved or whether I will get
improved performance form these compared to mySQL.

Anyone have experience of large datasets within mySQL.

Thanks

Regards

Andy

This e-mail is private and may be confidential and is for the intended
recipient only.  If misdirected, please notify us by telephone and confirm that
it has been deleted from your system and any copies destroyed.  If you are not
the intended recipient you are strictly prohibited from using, printing,
copying, distributing or disseminating this e-mail or any information contained
in it.  We use reasonable endeavours to virus scan all e-mails leaving the
Company but no warranty is given that this e-mail and any attachments are virus
free.  You should undertake your own virus checking.  The right to monitor
e-mail communications through our network is reserved by us.