Jürgen, not sure if this would be it, but password handling changed
somewhat with MySQL 4.1.  From your error msg it seems doubtful, but
thought I'd mention it.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/password-hashing.html

Dan

On 8/22/06, Jürgen Ladstätter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all,

i developed a c+ programm which uses dbx to get access to my mysqlserver.
Now I needed to change provider and so I have my own server here :-)

the old server was a 4.0.24 and now I have a 4.1.21.

the problem is: when I connect and want to access any data, I get the error
message, that the "translation is illegal" … I really don't know what this
means! Collation is set to latin1_general_ci, as on the old server :-(

do you have any ideas?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Jürgen Ladstätter ( [EMAIL PROTECTED] )

P.I.C.S. EDV GmbH.
A-5020 Salzburg, Landsturmstraße 18
Tel.: +43 (662) 455467
Fax.: +43 (662) 455468

Web:  <http://www.pics.co.at> http://www.pics.co.at
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ihr Partner für Internet, Computer und Software