Jerry

>I haven't ventured into MySQL 5.x, I have enough trouble working with this
>house of cards I was handed. I'll try to remember this for the future,
>though.

All you need to do is install mysql 5 in any box, run the dump script, then execute one query:

SELECT
  LOWER(table_name) AS 'Table',
  LOWER(column_name) AS 'Column',
  ordinal_position As 'Ordinal Position',
  column_default AS 'Default',
  UPPER(data_type) AS 'Type',
  character_maximum_length AS 'Max Len',
  character_octet_length AS 'Octet Len',
  numeric_precision AS 'Precision',
  numeric_scale AS 'Numeric Scale',
  is_nullable AS 'Null',
  character_set_name AS 'Character Set',
  collation_name AS 'Collation'
FROM information_schema.columns
WHERE table_schema = 'yourdbname'
ORDER BY table_name,'Ordinal Position';

and there are all your tables with all their columns. Absent a modelling tool, there's not a quicker way to get that info.

PB

-----

Jerry Schwartz wrote:
I haven't ventured into MySQL 5.x, I have enough trouble working with this
house of cards I was handed. I'll try to remember this for the future,
though.

Thanks to all.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz