Jürgen Ladstätter wrote:
hi all,

i developed a programm which needs my external mysql database server. now i
have to transfer a lot of data and i have todo a lot of select queues. how
can i tune that, so that it would be faster? in my monitoring system i saw,
that CPU load is 0, the only thing thats working when my program collects
data is the PROC

"Tune" which bit - the transfer or the select queries?

The transfer can be sped up (if it's across a network) by compressing the data before sending it.

Use the extended insert syntax (which will speed up the import and reduce the size of the import at the same time).
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/insert.html

or use load data infile:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/load-data.html

Disable indexes before importing and re-enable them after it has finished loading:
ALTER TABLE tbl_name DISABLE KEYS;
..load data here..
ALTER TABLE tbl_name ENABLE KEYS;

The select queries? Turn on mysql logging and look at the queries you are running. Make sure they are indexed properly.