A couple of comments:
- Simultaneous connections can be increased, but at some point the user
than runs the mysqld process will run out of file handles it can allocate
(each table takes 2 or 3).
- If we are talking about a database server and test server being the same
box then what are you trying to test.  Once you exceed the number of
processors on the box, the OS will just queue up the various processes and
that will be the limit of scalablity. Unless you overlap real I/O with
computation there is not much gain beyond a certain point.  When you run
out of memory for processes, its page to disk time (not a pleasent site).

Not sure what you are testing here.

BTW: please expain the 'black hole table'.

Jut my $0.1 worth.

Bill