Hallo Neil,

take a look at the utility mysqlimport which will exactly fit your needs importing those records into a database table.

The basic syntax is:  mysqlimport <options> database_name table_name.txt

Tablename.txt would be your datafile with the records. The filename must match the name of the table in the database you like to import the records to. Depending on the delimiters you use to separate fields in your text file, you have to set appropriate options. The documentation on what options you have to use for type of data file can be obtained on mysql.com.

Greets
Rocco

Neil Tompkins wrote:
Hi
I've am updating a database with about 20,000 records. What is the best way to perform these updates. Can I use batch updating ? Thanks
Neil