Thanks for that. Will create the two tables ahead of time which won't affect the existing application.

At 11:57 30/08/2006, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Chris Jones wrote:
> Can the mysql administrator grant permissions on a table in an existing
> database if that table doesn't exist yet?  This is part of planning for
an
> upgrade to an existing application.  The mysql administrator won't be
there
> when I add the table to the existing database and I don't have grant
> privileges.

You can't do this using a grant statement because it is bound by existing
tables. You may be able to manipulate the mysql db tables directly - I was
able to insert a row in mysql.tables_priv for a nonexistent table - but I
don't know how this will play out once the table actually is created.
Perhaps give it a try on a test db...?

David

Chris Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue