  From: Peter Brawley
  To: Chris W
  Cc: MYSQL General List
  Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 3:02 AM
  Subject: Re: Group By question

  Chris,

  >I would like to query all rows that have more
  >than one person with the same email address.

  select id,count(emailaddr) as howmany
  from tbl t1 join tbl t2 using(emailaddr)
  group by id
  having howmany>1;

  PB

  -----

  Chris W wrote:
    I have a table of people with one of the fields being the email address.  I
would like to query all rows that have more than one person with the same email
address.   For example if the data were like this...

    A [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    B [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    C [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    D [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    E [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    F [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    The query would return row A, D, B, and E,  in that order.  It would not
return C or F