Please give me advice on optimizing my server:   Here are the system specs

dual 733 Pentium
512 megs of ram

9 gig scsi

------------------------------

Here is the options that I use based on the documentation for a moderate #
of users:

-O max_connections=1000 -O key_buffer=64M -O table_cache=256 \
           -O sort_buffer=4M -O record_buffer=1M

---------------------------------

How can I improve on these options for a higher number of users than 1000.

Is 5000 connections to high for mysql?

How can I improve the above options since I have a good server?

any Advice is appreciated....

Last question ...  Has anybody taken the mysql classes in America?   if so
let us know how your experience was taking it, if you learned anything and
if it was worth the money.

Thanks
'
Randy