Now that all of the latest distros of OSX use bash by default, I thought I
would amend this with bash instructions.

When you instantiate a shell in OSX, the ~/.bash_login file is parsed.
Because this isn't a global file you can edit it just like the .tshrc below.
The entry you need to make is:

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/mysql/bin

You can use the vi instructions below.

Daniel Salinas