Josh, I highly recommend Jeremy Zawodny's "High Performance MySQL"
from O'Reilly.  It's written for 4.1 users, so would be perfect for
you.

Dan

On 9/12/06, Josh Trutwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

We just upgraded our server's RAM from 1 GB to 5 GB - I'd like to
now make some adjustments in my.cnf to better tune my server to
this new memory amount.  I was looking in the MySQL 4.1.21 source
dir's support-files at the example my.cnf files provided with the
distribution, but these seem horribly out-dated.  (The my-large.cnf
assumes you have a whopping 512 mb of memory).

I was thinking of modelling my.cnf after the provided
my-innodb-heavy.cnf file, but I am worried these files might
be out-dated so I figured I'd ping the mailing list for other
resources for tuning?

Thanks,

Josh