Graham Anderson wrote:
Is anyone using subversion to sync live and development databases?

If so, how?
Is this desired or a best practice?

Everything except my databases are under version control.
In theory, I would like my databases to sync with the same subversion 'svn update' command.
That way, all web content updates with one command.

You mean schemas or the actual data?

I wouldn't do that for data - if you create a "page" in your cms on your live system, you'd kill it off by doing an update.

Doing a schema, sure, but data - no way.

You'd need a script of some sort to handle database changes (eg adding/removing columns/indexes), no version control system will do this for you.