From: Jangita @ FSA [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 8:16 AM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: debian installation

hello all

i installed debian linux netinst which installed well; and proceeded to
install mysql with the command below

apt-get install mysql-server

that also went well, i proceeded to configure etc etc

when i logged in from a client i noticed that the mysql server version
is 4! is there a way i can get an apt source with the latest mysql
server? if not can someone outline step by step instructions on how to
install the latest mysql on debian?

my version of debian is debian-31r3-i386-netinst (sarge)

thanks.

--
PO Box 26453 00504
Nairobi, Kenya.