I just installed MySQL 5.0 yesterday and ran my application that has a lot of selects with left joins. I noticed the application is running 4x-7x slower than with MySQL 4.1. Now it could be because I'm using a new my.ini file (dedicated server) and I haven't yet copied my old my.ini settings over.

So before I go tinkering with the my.ini file and rerunning my application upteen times, I thought I'd ask:

Is MySQL 5.0 suppose to be as fast as MySQL 4.1? Or is it noticeably slower? I'm using only MyISAM tables.

TIA
Mike